When you've added two multi-user administrator Connectors to the Transfer Wizard, we will automatically match up users who are perfect matches (ie. firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com) and take you to the Migration Manager.
To see unmatched users in the Migration Manager, click on the
button on the top right to make the Permission Map tool appear. From here, you can:
- The first thing you might notice is a table called
. These are users in the source that we were unable to find a close enough match for in the destination. You can choose to map these users to their correct match, a different user entirely, or leave them unmatched.
- The table below that is called
and when expanded will show you all the users successfully matched. This should match how we created the user pairings and the source/destination paths to the left in the Migration Manager.
- You can download a list of users in the source and destination in .csv format for your reference by clicking on
. This is helpful if you've got a lot of users and want to sort this out separately in a spreadsheet before confirming how they're mapped out in the app.
- Important Notes:
- By default, we will transfer the sharing permissions from source to destination where we can using the permission map in the Migration Manager (some limitations - see our permissions page).
- The mapping process uses a type-ahead - this allows you to type in a partial username in order to find it and add it to the destination column.
- If you don't wish to transfer the permissions from a particular user in the source, leave the destination pairing blank or assign those permissions to another user in the destination.
- There is a difference between data and permissions. Owned data is transferred by way of the source/destination paths in the Migration Manager. Permissions transfer means we will reshare out that data in the destination by recreating the sharing scheme of the source using the permission map you have helped to create.