If you've found yourself wondering how easy it is to backup your files between two cloud services, read on!
Here's a quick tutorial on running a basic backup from Dropbox to OneDrive:
- Add your Dropbox connector to the Transfer Wizard. From here, you can specify what folders/files you wish to copy, or just transfer the root. What you see is what you will backup!
- Add your OneDrive connector to the Transfer Wizard. You can then specify where you'd like to backup your Dropbox files and folders. The greyed out files and folders are a preview of what you'll expect the data to look like when it arrives in OneDrive.
- You have a few options to play with:
- Turning this feature on will put all the contents you have selected in the source into a .zip file in the destination. This is handy for saving space or only capturing new or modified data (in conjunction with our incremental feature).
- However, please note that not all destinations will have native support for unzipping this archive file. Additionally, the .zip file size is limited by the file size limitations of the cloud service provider.
- We almost always recommend leaving this option on, so that we only transfer new or modified files. If you wish to take a full "snapshot" of the source every time we transfer, you should disable the incremental function. :
- Email Options: You have the option to receive emails , , or .
- Backup Schedule: You can then customize the timing of the transfer schedule - , , , or . At this time we don't allow a higher frequency than hourly. We also recommend picking a time that isn't at a common interval (x:00, for example) to avoid queue times.
and you're set! Your backup will run when you specified it to and you'll receive feedback based on your settings.
- Further actions for Backups that you can do:
- If you ever need to make changes to your scheduled transfer, go to the Backup Manager and hit
- You can also choose to run it immediately with the
- If at some point you wish to prevent it from running, you can hover over the status button to confirm whether it's
or , and then click to change the status.
Feel like you missed some steps? Try these: